Thursday, May 7, 2009

Richelle Mead

I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Richelle Mead yesterday at her book signing at Kepler's where she talked about her Vampire Academy series and the inspiration behind the series. Of course we all wanted to talk about Dimitri and the new book Blood Promise. But Richelle said that her publishers don't want her to talk about it yet (so I have a video languishing on my computer that I'm not able to share yet!)

Richelle had this with her - from a fan. Isn't it great?

Anyway, here's video of Richelle talking about her Vampire Academy series:


And here she is talking about the inspiration behind the books


And we have to wait until August for Blood Promise. August! AND they are changing the covers of the books (whew!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Richelle Mead came to Kepler's. Seemed like all the authors I like were only stopping in El Cerrito.

Amy said...

oh HOW COOLLLLLLL!! Even though I've fallen out of like with her series, she seems like a neat person to talk to..
-amy

Bookgeek said...

Amy - Was it the third book? It left me heartbroken but so very impressed with her storytelling and her ability to allow the story to go where it had to go. And Richelle was really nice - open, friendly, accessible.

Nancy said...

Ohhh what a great interview. I loved coming to Keplers and seeing her. I also enjoyed visiting with you Angela. It is always such a pleasure. She did read part of the first and second chapter to us at the other book event. I cannot wait for Blood Promise....