Sunday, October 12, 2008

Skinned by Robin Wasserman



If you were as rich, popular, and gorgeous as Lia Kahn, you too would believe you set fashion not followed it, that it’s all about you, that you could have any boy you wanted, and you would succeed no matter what. Then the unthinkable happens, a car accident almost kills her, and life will never be the same again. Lia’s parents turn to the best doctors and technology there is and download her brain into a new body. She awakens to find herself still alive, with her own memories and thoughts, but in another body--a man-made body. So is she still Lia Kahn? Was the process unethical like the faithers believe? Can she go back to her old life? Will her friends accept her? Will she ever accept herself?

This is an extraordinary story that underneath it all asks what makes us human. It kept me reading late into the night. I loved it.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I just purchased this book Saturday afternoon. I have to finish reading Graceling, which is amazing. Have you read it? and then I will read skinned.

Bookgeek said...

No, I haven't read Graceling yet but it's at the top of my to-read pile, waiting until I finish my book club pick. Glad you're enjoying it.