Thursday, March 29, 2012

Die For Me by Amy Plum


I'm very belatedly posting Amanda's review of Die for Me because it appears I forgot to post it beforehand and because I'm reading Until I Die at the moment (le sigh)

Still grieving from the tragic death of her parents, Kate Mercier barely registers the world around her. Now living in Paris, she escapes into her books and museums--content to be alone. But then she meets the beautiful and mysterious Vincent and falls in love. Of course, Vincent is not all that he seems. He is a "revenant," an immortal, fated to sacrifice himself in the act of saving others. As Kate witnesses the violence and death surrounding Vincent, she must decide if her heart can bear to be a part of Vincent's destiny. Is he the love of her life, even in death? Not at all your typical zombie book, Die For Me brings to life a new twist in paranormal romance.

2 comments:

onyx said...

loved this book. Loved. Can't wait to go back for more.

Canada said...

I read this book in one day. It was refreshing to read something besides vampires and wolves to be honest. I wondered how the author was going to explain the way that the people called Revenants lived and were created and I feel she did an amazing job. I haven't seen a book this refreshing in a long time and can't wait for the next one in the series. As for being like the Twilight books I have to disagree, as I didn't like the whole Bella and whining Edward books and I read them because my daughter asked me to. I am an adult that sometimes will read a teen related book and found this one to keep me interested and I liked her writing. Again, can't wait for the next installment of the series. Good job, Ms. Plum.