Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Sorceress by Michael Scott - Review

I have waited so very long so continue reading about Nicholas Flamel, his wife, Perenelle, and the twins Sophie and Josh. We left them fleeing Paris at the end of The Magician, the city in ruins. Now they are in London, surrounded by enemies, hoping desperately to find allies, in search of Gilgamesh the King who they hope will teach the twins Water Magic. But Perenelle is still trapped on Alcatraz (with an army of sleeping monsters, Areop-Enap, and the Crow Goddess), Nicholas is growing weaker every day, Scatty is missing, London is full of Dee’s allies, and Gilgamesh – well, poor Gilgamesh is insane.

Breathtaking in its scope, The Sorceress takes hold and doesn’t let go until you turn the very last page. I sat up very late into the night unable to sleep until I knew where the book was going. Many series don’t hold me. Many greatly anticipated sequels disappoint. But not this one. This series has gone from strength to strength. Don’t miss it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love this series. I love it!

---WARNING NEXT IS A SPOILER---

It was a total page turner. I'm just so upset it ended with so many unanswered questions. I can't wait to see what happens to Joan and Scatty! There in BC times! Wow.

Anonymous said...

i have the 3 so far in pdf format its a shame itll take till 2012 to read the other three books again so many questions this story isnt predictable at all and keeps readers on their toes all the time what am i going to do with myself until necromancer comes out in april 2010 ......
i know read them again!

Anonymous said...

this would make a great movie