Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Need by Carrie Jones


I try not to post reviews of books until they are published (it's SO frustrating to wait for a book once you've read a review that talks to you) but I read this last week and just can't wait any longer to tell you about it. And it IS out just before the holidays so you won't have THAT long to wait!

Need asks the question: How do you come to terms with the death of a beloved step dad? Zara is numb. She can’t function. Her phobias list is not helping. So her mother sends Zara to her grandmother in oh-so-cold Maine to see if this helps. She starts a new school, makes some new friends, meets a boy, Nick, and all this helps her to forget her sadness and the startling fact that someone is following her. The strange man she kept seeing in Charleston and thought was a figment of her imagination is now everywhere she goes in Maine. And he leaves a trail of gold dust behind him in this hauntingly bleak, snowy landscape.

I won’t give anything away if I say that yes, this man is a pixie, and not the cute kind you imagine with wings happily playing with flowers in the garden. These pixies are dangerous. They have uncontrollable needs. And one of them is following Zara, calling to her, pointing at her. What can he want? And why her?

I can’t tell you much more without giving the book away but it’s a compulsive read, romantic, and perfect for anyone who is looking for a book to follow the Twilight series, or who loved Melissa Marr's work. I couldn't put it down. Add it to your holiday list!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I have read that this book is amazing, so yes it is already in my TBR pile. I cannot wait.

Bookgeek said...

You will love it!