Monday, July 6, 2009

Strange Angels by Lili St Crow - Review


Sixteen-year-old Dru has a sixth sense for sensing paranormal activity – ghosts, suckers, werewulfen, and the like. She moves from town to town with her father hunting them down. It’s not an easy life and she’s a tough girl. But is she tough enough to survive the night when her father does not make it back from a mission?

Dru teams up with Graves, a homeless goth boy, to survive. But he has his own problems – a werewulfen bite of all things. Can Dru still trust him? And then there’s Christopher, who keeps turning up in the most unexpected places. Who is he and what side is he on? And who else is hunting Dru? And why?

This is a different look at the paranormal world and monster hunting in general. It’s a dark, creepy, and sinister world to live in, and Dru and her friends are very well drawn. It’s an action-packed adventure that is as unusual as it is tense and scary.

One complaint: I didn’t like the constant inner monologue and think it would have worked far better if cut drastically. But it didn’t keep me from enjoying this start to an interesting new series.

2 comments:

Briana said...

I saw this at the bookstore today and thought about buying it! It looks really interesting and like something I totally wouldn't usually read. I hate spending the money for hardcover though, so I'll just wait for the paperback lol. Good review!

-Briana

Bookgeek said...

Actually I think it came out in paperback - I'll check