Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can join. Here are the rules
(1) Grab your current read
(2) Open to a random page
(3) Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
(4) BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
(5) Share the title & author, too, so that other other participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

This week I'm reading Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater (OK I've just finished Ballad - and adored it - but wanted to post a teaser)

Dee's eyes were closed. She said, "Try again."

I cupped my hands around the back of her neck like I'd imagined doing one thousand times. Her skin was warm against my palms, sticky with the heat, smelling of flowers and shampoo. I kissed her again, so careful. There was a long, long pause, and then she kissed me back...

We stood in the shadows there, her wrapped up in my arms, for a long time, and then she started to cry.


What do you think? (I did say I loved it, didn't I?) And what are you reading?

4 comments:

Jessica B said...

That sounds awesome! I thought that Lament was pretty darn good, and this looks just as good if not better. When does it come out?

shutupimreading.blogspot.com
Jessica

Bookgeek said...

My arc says it's coming out October 2009

Nancy said...

This book looks amazzzzzzzzing!!! I cannot wait.

Anonymous said...

She is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. Can't wait for this one.