Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blood Promise Chapter 1

No secret that I am a huge, huge fan of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. Well, for all of you waiting to find out what will happen in Blood Promise, Richelle has posted Chapter 1 on her web site here.

I'm going to post the first few paragraphs here to whet your appetite.

CHAPTER 1

I was being followed.

It was kind of ironic, considering the way I’d been following others for the last few weeks. At least it wasn’t a Strigoi. I would have already known. A recent effect of being shadow-kissed was the ability to sense the undead—through bouts of nausea, unfortunately. Still, I appreciated my body’s early warning system and was relieved my stalker tonight wasn’t an insanely fast, insanely vicious vampire. I’d fought enough of those recently and kind of wanted a night off.

I had to guess my follower was a dhampir like me, probably one from the club. Admittedly, this person was moving a little less stealthily than I would have expected of a dhampir. Their footsteps were clearly audible against the pavement of the dark side streets I was traveling on, and once, I’d caught a brief glimpse of a shadowy figure. Still, considering my rash actions tonight, a dhampir was the most likely culprit.

I read the book in manuscript form a few weeks ago and promise I'll have a review posted asap. But don't wait - check out the rest of the chapter as soon as you can!

3 comments:

The Book Explorer said...

I read your comment and almost started crying. Not even joking.

DX I can't believe you've read the manuscript. -dies-

-hyperventilates- XD

I don't even know what to say after that. XD

Anonymous said...

brilliant start. can't believe how much I want to read this book. thanks for posting

Debbie's World of Books said...

OMG. So jealous you read the manuscript! I can't wait to read Blood Promise.