Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

I realized I hadn't ever posted my review of Incarceron as I was about to post a review of Sapphique. So here it is. Sapphique later this week

Finn lives in a living breathing prison that watches everything everyone does with high tech red-eye cameras. There is no way in and no way out. But Finn has visions that some believe will lead them out of the prison. Claudia is the daughter of the Warden, stuck in a world where the royal courts are made to wear period costume, about to marry a spoiled playboy prince. Both Finn and Claudia have got their hands on a key and thus their lives overlap.

It is a creepy world on both sides of the prison but when they contact each other they believe they have found a way out. Along the way, they discover far more than they ever wished to know about themselves and their history, and about those all around them. If the plot is a little slow to mesh these two stories together, the twists and subplots, and genuine ah-ha moments amply make up for it. I was utterly caught up in this world and counted down the days until I laid my hands on Sapphique.

No comments: