Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaster Tusday

Haven't done this for ages but I'm reading Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly and am absolutely loving it. This meme originated with MizB of Should Be Reading and anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

Now to the teaser (p. 136):

I've just messed things up with a really cool guy - the coolest guy I've ever met, actually. And that's just in the last few minutes. I've messed up a lot more in the last two years.
I wish I could stop messing up but I don't know how. What is it that mends broken people? Jesus? Chocolate? New shoes? I wish someone could tell me


and because I want to, I'm going to add another teaser this time from the diary Andi finds (p. 143):

I had done this - made the sad prince laugh. made his grieving parents smile. Noone but me. Think only kings have power? Stand on a stage and hold the hearts of men in your hands. make them laugh with a gesture, cry with a word. make them love you. And you will know what power is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading mixed reviews of this. Some are absolute raves, some disappointed - too academic, with a weird twist. I'm assuming you haven't got to the twist yet. But from the quotes it sounds good. Looking forward to a review