Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Iron King By Julie Kagawa - Review

Things have not been straightforward for Meghan Chase since her father disappeared when she was six. But her world gets even stranger on her 16th birthday: her brother disappears leaving a changeling in his place and her best friend admits that he is actually Robin Greenfellow (better known as Puck - yes, THAT Puck from Midsummer Night's Dream). He tells her that to rescue her brother she has to find him in the Never Never (faeryland). Not exactly the birthday she had hoped for.

It gets stranger. Once there she discovers she is actually the daughter of Oberon, king of the Seelie Court. And Meghan has to find out what that means and how far she will go to save her brother. She is attacked by goblins and trolls, nixies and satyrs. There's a talking cat, a handsome prince, a very real edge of danger, an enemy that could endanger the entire fey world, and a lot of nonstop action that makes this a must-read.

This is the first of the Iron Fey Series and is followed by The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and The Iron Knight. SO many people have told me to read this series - I have no idea why I waited so long. They were all right. It's addictive. I'm turning to The Iron Daughter RIGHT NOW!

4 comments:

Debbie's World of Books said...

OMG, I can't believe you waited this long to read this series!!! I love them and swoon over Ash. :)

Andrea @ The Busy Bibliophile said...

Ooh, I finally picked this one up at the store this weekend and I can't wait to get started on the series!

Bookgeek said...

I can't believe I waited this long either. But oh, it's SO good!

Seward Alaska Fishing said...

I read this book as part of a book club and though I am not a teen I did enjoy the book a lot and it was an easy fun read. I also really appreciated the Shakespearean elements that were integrated into the story line!