Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ally Carter

Ally Carter, author of the wonderful Gallagher Girls series, was at Kepler's on Monday and I had the great pleasure of chatting to her about her books. She is charming and funny and genuinely interested in her readers. And her fans are incredible. Two came dressed as Gallagher Girls and drove for three hours to get here. One fan flew in from Florida!

So here's video of Ally talking about her newest book, Don't Judge a Girl By Her Cover (review later this week - I loved it).



And here's video of Ally talking about the series, her influences, and how she came to write it in the first place.



And if you haven't read this series, I thoroughly recommend them. I interviewed Ally when she was touring previously with Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy but wasn't blogging then so I think I'll post the interview this week so you can all get a chance to learn more about her.

What else can I tell you about Ally? She's just stayed in a castle in Ireland with several other YA authors, she's a big fan of Rick Riordan, and she's also writing a new series about a cat burglar named Kat by the way, which I can't wait to read.

Finally, if you love this series check out the wonderful new Gallagher Girl web site here. (Is it obvious how much of a fan I am?)

No comments: