Sunday, May 24, 2009

DJ MacHale

Last week I was lucky enough to meet DJ MacHale, author of the wonderful Pendragon series of books, who was utterly charming.

I didn't know that aside from writing he also writes and produces TV shows. He's been affiliated with shows such as Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Ghostwriter, and Flight 29 Down. He also filmed a series about Encyclopedia Brown. And he told a wonderful story about the one that got away. Apparently while auditioning for the lead female in Criss Cross he couldn't decide between two actresses. One was far more talented, he said. The other looked far more Hollywood. They cast Rachel Blanchard. The other actress was Kate Winslet!

Here is video footage I took of him talking about Book 10 of the Pendragon series, The Soldiers of Halla. Made me want to go back to the series that I left somewhere in the middle.

No comments: