Monday, March 2, 2009

In My Mailbox (3)

As you probably know, I've been reading Story Siren's In My Mailbox post for a while, which explores the contents of her mailbox on a weekly basis. And it really is a great way to share what we are about to read.

And I have had yet another very wonderful week with three awesome looking books.

1. The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer (pub date: July)
I've loved both the first two and was so very eager to this third in the series
From the cover: It’s another sucky year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D’Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad’s powers. His best friend Henry doesn’t want to be his drudge anymore. And as if all that weren’t enough, it’s getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis and D’Ablo shows up demanding Vlad’s father’s journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won’t save him this time.

2. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
I've heard so much about this one and was just so excited to see it in my box!
From the cover: Sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her.

3. Love You, Hate You, Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (pub date: May)
What can I say? It's Elizabeth Scott and what a spectacular cover.
From the cover: It's been 75 days, and Amy still doesn't know how she can possible exist without her best friend, Julia - especially since it's her fault that Julia's dead. And when her shrink tells her it would be a good idea to start a diary, Amy starts writing letters to Julia instead. As she writes letter after letter, she soon discovers that the past wasn't as perfect as she thought it was - and the present deserves a chance too.

Time for a happy dance. What did you get this week?

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Yeay! you had a very good week. The Prophecy of the Sisters sounds amazing and the author is very very nice. I also have the arc and we will have to discuss it when were finished. Hopefully she my come by the store someday *crossed fingers*

Love You, Hate You, Miss You by Elizabeth Scott sounds really good. I will have to put that on my TBR list

Bookgeek said...

So LYHYMY can be another one we can swap, Nancy!

Nancy said...

Sounds good :)

Michelle Zink said...

You have my ARC! Yay!

And RR is every bit as nice as I am. I will *so* be at your store, RR...

And Keplers!
:D

Reverie said...

oh awesome books...they all sound great i'm so adding them to my TBR list! thanks