Monday, March 9, 2009

Fabulous Award


I have just been jumping around the room with glee and just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to Nancy of Tales of a Ravenous Reader for nominating me for this fabulous award! How can I say thank you enough? I love Nancy's blog - it's witty, and funny, full of great reviews, video and interesting information about author visits and author sites. I read her blog regularly, and you should all check it out too. This award originated from The Story Siren, whose blog I also adore

Here are the rules:

List five things you are obsessed with/addicted to and then nominate other fabulous blogs to pass on this award on to!

1. So of course I am going to start with books. I shouldn't. It should be obvious. It is obvious to anyone who has met me or has set foot into my house. I have run out of book shelf space, even though I just squeezed a few more into the house. And so I have piles of books against the walls, against cupboards, which have to be moved to vacuum, or get to said cupboards. Yes, I need to prune. I know that. But it's so hard...

2. I love my flip camera, my little video camera that I keep with me always and use more than I thought probable. I love its simplicity and versatility, and the ease with which I can upload to email or youtube or facebook. Yes, an addict. And no, not paid to promote it.

3. My laptop, which I use all the time every day and take with me everywhere. It houses my photos, my music, my blogs, my contact with people around the world. And I don't like to share it (but do!)

4. Photography. I've had a camera since I was 15 years old, destroyed my first camera in the ocean (and learned what not to do if you want to hold on to it), even developed my own photos in a dark room for a while. Went kicking and screaming into digital photography, convinced it wouldn't stand up to my old Pentax. And very recently have bought a new very fine Olympus E-520 that I'm trying to master.

5. The theatre. I grew up in London, went to the theatre (not theater) often, and have been part of several drama groups through the years. And whereas I no longer have any desire to perform I still subscribe to many theatre groups and go as often as I can.

I'm guessing at this point that many people have already been nominated for this fabulous award and I don't want to duplicate (and I want to say that I enjoy all the blogs I read, and I read many, you are all fabulous to me)
Here are my nominations

1. Sharon Loves Books and Cats
2. J Kaye's Book Blog
3. Nineseveneight book reviews
4. Thao of Serene Hours (even though it's a very new blog, she's doing a fabulous job)

No comments: