Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just wanted to remind anyone who lives in the Bay Area not to miss the fantastic Scott Westerfeld and Sarah Rees Brennan as they debut their newest works of fantasy, Leviathan and The Demon's Lexicon.

Leviathan is the first in a brand new trilogy that reimagines history. On the eve of World War I, the machine-loving Austro-Hungarians and Germans have their big steam-powered Clankers. Inspired by Darwin, the British have fabricated animals into warships. Their mothership, "Leviathan," is a marvelous whale-dirigible.

The Demon’s Lexicon
is the tale of two young men. Brothers. Demon Slayers. Sixteen-year-old Nick and his brother, Alan, are always on the run from the deadly magicians who use demons to work their magic. Alan is Nick's partner in demon slaying and the only person he trusts. So things get very scary when Nick begins to suspect that everything Alan has told him about their past is a complete lie.

The event is at 7:00 p.m. tonight at the Menlo Park Library, 800 Alma Street, Menlo Park. Will I see you there? If you do go, make sure you come and introduce yourself to me. I'll be selling books in the foyer.

5 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

Dying to read Leviathan, but it wasn't in stock at my local book store, so I got Farmer's "The House of the Scorpion" instead.

Hope you have fun. I wish I lived in the Bay area, but I live in SE La. instead. Have a great time!

Bookgeek said...

Thanks, I'll post about it tomorrow.
Angela

Debbie's World of Books said...

Thanks again for another great author appearance and signing. I loved it. Scott especially was a favorite. I loved his presentation and his sense of humor. Only wished I had bought Leviathan before the signing! I posted my thoughts and pcitures at Debbie's World of Books

Bookgeek said...

Nice to see you again Debbie. And sorry you didn't get a book beforehand. If that happens again, let me know and I can bring it to you, you can get it signed, then pay on your way out. Oh, and I loved your photos and write up. The event was great - both authors made me want to rush right out and start their books - immediately

Debbie's World of Books said...

Thanks! It was good seeing you again too. I was hoping to speak with you before I left but I had to get my daughter home for bed. I rushed out and got Leviathan today :)