Saturday, October 24, 2009

Courtney Sheinmel Visit

I met the lovely Courtney Sheinmel at BEA a few years ago and got one of the first signed ARCS of her debut novel My So-Called Family. I had no idea what to expect from the book and thoroughly enjoyed it. So I'm delighted that she's visiting Kepler's on Thursday, November 12 at 6:30 p.m. to talk about her new book, Positively.

Here's Courtney telling me about the book when she visited last February:



And here's the summary:

Emerson Price cannot remember a time when life was ordinary. She was four years old when she and her mom were diagnosed as HIV-positive and eight when her parents divorced. Now she is thirteen and her mother is dead.

When Emmy's dad and stepmother send her to Camp Positive, a camp for HIV-positive girls, Emmy is certain she is going to hate it. But soon she realizes that she is not so alone after all -- and that sometimes letting other people in can make all the difference in the world. Author Courtney Sheinmel has written an unforgettable novel about strength and hope in the face of tragedy.


And I've just found out that she's bringing singing sensation, Jessarae, with her. If you haven't heard of him yet watch this video.



He's just got a record deal and it should be a fantastic event -- I can't wait. Come and join me!

4 comments:

Adele said...

sounds like fun. Enjoy. :)

Heidi R. Kling said...

I'll be there for sure. Can't wait!

Bookgeek said...

Looking forward to meeting you, Heidi!

Courtney said...

I'm so excited to hang out at Kepler's!!! See you next week!