Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Haven't done this for ages but I love this book and it is perfect for a short teaser as it is written in dictionary format. This meme originated with MizB of Should Be Reading and anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

This week the teaser is from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. OK, a few teasers. It's hard to choose.

Yesterday, n.

You called to ask me when I was coming home, and when I reminded you that I wasn't coming home, you sounded so disappointed that I decided to come home.

Only, adj.

That's the dilemma, isn't it? When you're single, there's the sadness and joy of only me. And when you're paired, there's the sadness and joy of only you.

Corrode, v.

I spent all this time building a relationship. Then one night I left the window open, and it started to rust.

Utterly perfect.
Oh, and I did mention that this is not a YA but an adult title, didn't I?

No comments: