Monday, January 24, 2011

In My Mailbox

A little late this week but time seems to be rushing past me. In the past couple of weeks I hosted Bree Desapin (who was awesome), read The Lost Saint, The Mockingbirds, Iron Witch (reviews soon), and am now in the middle of Divergent. And it is every bit as good as the hype. Have written a ton of reviews - will post soon, I promise. We are hosting Daisy Whitney and CJ Omololu next week - join us if you are in the area. February 2nd at 7.00. And have booked Rachel Hawkins and Sarwat Chadda for a visit in March! With thanks, as ever, to Story Siren for hosting this meme. And to Nancy, the Ravenouse Reader, who brought me two of the following books.

Now to the books.

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Well, as I said above, I put this right at the top of my reading pile. I am in a dysptopia frame of mind and this one is very very good. Can't say enough good things about it. But so far, it is rather violent.
Background: In this world at 16 you get one choice to choose a faction and change your life. And this choice affects everything.

2. Wolfbane by Andrea Cremer
Thanks to the lovely Nancy, the Ravenous Reader, who brought this for me from ALA. I adored Nightshade and am delighted, simply delighted to have my hands on this sequel. Oh, this will be my next read.

3. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
Again with thanks to Nancy for bringing me this coveted copy. I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth and the Dead Tossed Waves and can't wait to get to this.

4. Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
I loved the Georgia Nicolson series - am always in search of things really funny - and have read Wuthering Heights several times. So how can this not have my hame stamped clearly all over it?

5. Shadowcry by Jenna Burtenshaw
Set in a bookstore, this called to me. Kate isn't who she thinks she is. Burned out of her family bookstore, pursued across a country riddled by war,she comes to discover who she is and her destiny. Another dystopia already a senation in England apparently.

They all look wonderful. If only I could read faster!

2 comments:

Demitria said...

I'm so jealous!

demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I want Divergent so much...