Sunday, January 2, 2011

In My Mailbox

First of the year, I received some very lovely books. Some of which I've already read (reviews soon). Can you tell how much dystopia seems to be calling me? We're hosting Bree Despain on January 13th. And I'm writing questions for a video interview with the very talented David Levithan this week. With thanks, as ever, to Story Siren for hosting this meme. Now to the books


The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
Vera and her brother Will live in a world where water is hoarded, rivers are dammed, polar caps have melted, and clouds are sucked from the sky. A world where water is more precious than gold or oil. Yes, an environmental dystopia (and a very good one - review to follow).

XVI by Julia Karr
Imagine a future where the Government brand girls on their 16th birthday. And that XVI on your wrist is a sign that means you are ready for sex.
(Just finished this and that's as far as I've got writing my review...)

Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

Abby swears she's psychic and she's dreamed that horrifying creatures are hunting her friend Teagan. Goblins!

Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
In her dreams Anne is somewhere and someone else. Then a astranger offers to explain them and claims he has been waiting fo someone to help save Anastasia

Haunted by Joy Preble

Sequel to Dreaming Anastasia in which a mysterious woman is stalking Anne, haunting her. As Ann searches fo who this woman is, she finds the possible source of her own power

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan

David's first book for adults is a story of a relationship as told through dictionary entries. I've already read this and am in love with this exploration of love

What did you get this week?

2 comments:

Debbie's World of Books said...

I can't wait to read XVI and am hoping to make it to the Bree Despain event too.

Maddie said...

Those all look really interesting. I'm looking forward to a new year full of books!

Maddie
http://rec-reading.blogspot.com/