Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

OK, I know it's wednesday but I missed doing this yesterday and we just hosted our Teen Romance panel (which was so fun) and I'm almost finished Firelight (yes, I have already finished Paranormalcy and Personal Demons). This meme originated with MizB of Should Be Reading and anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

And yes, as I said before, the teaser is from Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Smoke puffs from my nose. I don't want it to happen. it just ... does. I usually have more power over it, but fear robs me of my control...

My heart pounds in my chest as he draws closer. I know the precise moment he sees me. He freezes, still in the water, sinking low, his lips brushing the waterline.

We stare at each other.

It will happen now. He will call the others. They will swarm on me like hungry predators...

Then he moves, swims closer in an easy glide...He doesn't look hard, as I'd imagined. He doesn't look evil. He looks ...curious.


Now doesn't that make you want to move it to the top of your reading pile?

No comments: