Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

This meme originated with MizB of Should Be Reading and anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

This week one of the many books I'm reading is Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis and here's my teaser:

"If only Jane had talked her out of it somehow...
Mom. That sobbing voice was Mom?
If only I knew where to look...where to start...
Mom's Waves were what Jamie was feeling. God, no wonder he ran.
My heart thundered against my ribs. So Icka was really gone; my gut feeling was right. I kept thinking I should go, I should run after jamie. Before Mom catches me Listening. But I couldn't stop..."

(arc page 224)

Will post a review soon and if you want to meet and listen to Phoebe, she'll be at Kepler's on June 16th. So exciting.

No comments: