Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Moon Cast Addition



Michael Sheen, best known for his roles in Frost/Nixon and The Queen, has been added to the cast of New Moon.

Variety reported that Sheen "will portray the leader of the Volturi, an Italy-based coven of vampires," adding that the actor's resume includes playing "a werewolf in all three Underworld films."

New Moon began shooting last month, with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson reprising their Twilight roles as Bella and Edward.

So, what do you think -- good choice? And if not, who would you have preferred?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they do well with costumes & make-up like Underworld (this time around) I don't think it'll matter. I'm really anticipating the second film - since book 2 is my favorite of the saga - even if the first was a real let down. I read the whole darn book before seeing it, and it reeked! >.<

Anonymous said...

I agree, first was a bit of a let down after the book. Michael Sheen I think is a good choice for the role of leader of the Volturi though and with a new director on board it will be interesting to see the direction that it takes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Awesome news I hope this movie is better than the last

Anonymous said...

I think this is entirely upsetting. I have seen, and love, all three of the Underworld movies and I think Michael Sheen can do so much better than New Moon. He is a talented actor, which I can't say for anyone else in the movie, and is just too good for it! I just don't understand why he lower himself for an inevitably crappy movie.

Anonymous said...

how do you know this movie will be crappy? I mean the first one wasn't nearly as good as the book. But which movie is good as the book, you know? Everyone is intitled to their oppinion so ohwell

Bookgeek said...

I'm trying to stay optimistic. And also think Michael Sheen is a good actor. So with a new director, one who seems to be making good casting calls, hopefully this will be a better movie than Twilight. I also suspect that Michael Sheen looked at how much attention Twilight brought all the actors and thought that would be no bad thing for his career.