Saturday, January 17, 2009

Win a Copy of Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Reviewer X is hosting this competition to win a copy of Wintergirls, the new novel due out in March by Laurie Halse Anderson

Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend’s restless spirit.

In her most emotionally wrenching, lyrically written book since the multiple-award-winning Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson explores Lia’s descent into the powerful vortex of anorexia, and her painful path toward recovery.

I loved Speak and Twisted and oh, this sounds good. If you are interested in this competition leave a comment for Reviewer X here for one entry. +1 if you get the secret word from Kristi's blog here . And it ends next saturday.

Good luck. And watch the calendar -- she might be visiting the store on her book tour!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Now this book sounds really good. I have read reviews and yes, I have it in my TBR pile. I could not resist. It is too good to pass up

Nancy said...

Ohhh I just re-read your post and I have my fingers crossed hoping that she does come to your store *fingers crossed*

Bookgeek said...

Yes, am really hoping she'll stop here on her tour. I'm really a huge fan of her work.

Nancy said...

Yes, speak was amazing. I have heard nothing but praise for this current project of hers. Another for the book pile