Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Waiting for Wednesday

Sometimes you come across an idea that is really good. And today I came across Reviewer X's Waiting for Wednesday post, that came originally from Breaking the Spine. Here they choose a book they are waiting to read, that is not yet published. And, of course, I have piles of books I'm waiting for so thought I'd join them. Yet it's very hard to choose just one!

Then, that eureka moment--I've been waiting for an excuse to post this review since I read the arc. So thanks for giving me an excuse. Here's this week's prepublication can't wait for it title:


The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Mary lives in a world bound by fences, with rules dictated by the Sisters, surrounded by the Unconsecrated, who are an ever-present, ever-encroaching, horrifying threat. Her mother had always told her about the ocean, and Mary holds on to this dream, despite everything. When she finds out the Sisters are keeping secrets, and then the fences are breached, Mary has to decide how much she will sacrifice to follow her dream. Will she be able to choose between the brother she is betrothed to and the brother she loves? Between her village and a dream of an outside world?

This is a wonderful, compulsive, nail-biter of a book that will keep you reading late into the night (but with the lights on!) Not for the feint-hearted, this story about a zombie apocalypse asks questions that will haunt you. Still haunts me.

This is one not to miss. Oh, I hope there will be a sequel.

And you can see where I fall on the age-old question: zombies or unicorns!

5 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I want to read this one as well!! I think a ton of people do.

I took my own version of this and do Wish-List Wednesday. :)

-lauren

Bookgeek said...

This was THE most popular arc we had last year. Really, really good.

I'll go and check out your wish list wednesday--love seeing what people are eager to read

Nancy said...

Yeah!!! I love this feature. I think it will give people ideas on wonderful books that are coming out that one might not know about.

I am very thankful for having my copy of this great novel. ((Angela)). I believe that many will enjoy it. I think it is part of the growing tread of zombie themed books that are coming out this year.

I am glad that to see that you have decided to get involved in this also.I cannot wait to see what your choice is for next week.

Jayden said...

Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. I'll read it, it sounds great.

Also, it's The Forest of Hands and Teeth, not Hands and Feet ;) *is a nitpick*

Bookgeek said...

Oops! I keep doing that. And I'll go back and fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.