Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lenny Kravitz as Cinna!

So you must have seen by now that they've cast Lenny Kravtiz as Cinna in the Hunger Games.

Soon after news broke, Twitter users took to the social networking site to share their reactions. In fact, the actor-musician soon became a trending topic (see here). Kravitz is set to play stylist Cinna, who helps Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) prep for the Hunger Games. It's a role that fans had been anxious to see filled for some time. And judging by Twitter reaction, they are mixed about the casting news.

What do you think? I have to say that he's not who I would have cast for Cinna. (I was thinking someone like Stanley Tucci!) But you never know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Bookgeek said...

Just adding: Donald Sutherland as President Snow! Now that casting is perfect!

Shaun Hutchinson said...

I actually think that Kravitz is perfect. Cinna, to me, was always understated, elegant even. While his helpers flitted around, Cinna was a true artist, a little aloof, but brilliant. Tucci could have been a little too campy, I think. Kravitz might bring the right amound of gravitas to the role. I look forward him surprising everyone.