Monday, April 4, 2011

In My Mailbox

Am a bit late with this, as ever. I've read recently Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (fabulous), Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz (a great ending to the series), Anya's War by Andrea Alban, The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong (review already posted), and am mid way with Dark and Hollow Place by Carrie Ryan (dar and violent and utterly compelling). We hosted Anthony Horowitz who was incredible. Anf we will host Kelley Armstrong on Sunday 10th sundy afternoon. Can't wait

Now to the books

1. Under Dogs by Markus Zusak
Now The Book Thief is one of my favorite books. This is a trilogy he wrote before the Book Thief about the Wolfe Brothers. And they are rereleasing it in September. Oh, I wish he'd write a new book...

2. Blood magic by Tessa Gratton
I pushed the knife against my skin, puckering it but not breaking through. My whole body shivered. I was about to find out if magic was real. The electric thrill of terror was sharp on my tongue. I cut deep.
Love the cover! And blurbed by Maggie Steifvater.

3. The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks
When Tobias wakes up in the hospital with no memories of the night before his mother tells him that he was found unconscious in the zoo, in a dingo pen.He assumes his friends are responsible but they are freaked out. Then a stranger claims Toby has a rare and dangerous condition - he's a werewolf.

My thanks to the Story Siren who hosts this meme. And if you are in the Bay Area, remember to come and see Kelley Armstrong on Sunday.

No comments: