Sunday, December 5, 2010

In My Mailbox

What a week - we hosted Salman Rushdie who was simply charming, it's mid-Chanukah, I finished (and reviewed) Luka and the Fire of Life, and am reading the Graveminder by Melissa Marr. I loved Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, although I'm still thinking about the twist and will post a review this week. I'm still reading far more slowly than I'd like - but it's that time of year. Oh, and I've booked Bree Despain to come to Keplers in January to talk about The Lost Saint. With thanks, as ever, to The Story Siren who started and hosts this meme.

And now for the books:

Department Nineteen by Will Hill

When Jamie Carpenter's mother is kidnapped by strange creatures, he finds himself dragged into Department 19, the government's most secret agency. Fortunately for him, Department 19 can provide the tools he needs to find his mother, and to kill the vampires who want him dead. But unfortunately for everyone, something much older is stirring, something even Department 19 can't stand up against...


Clarity by Kim Harrington

In Eastport, a tourist town on Cape Cod, lives a family of freaks. My family. I'm a psychic. My brother is a medium, my mother a telepath. Tourists love us. Townies scorn us. We live in a Victorian house with no permanent ghosts, and we use the first floor for our family business: readings. Not the bookstore kind.

That's my week in books. What did you get?

2 comments:

Uniquely Moi Books said...

What an awesome mailbox this week! Great books! If you haven't already, and if your interested, I'm giving away Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead right now. Have a great week!

Bookgeek said...

That's next on my list. Have to find out how the series ends. Going to your site RIGHT NOW