Monday, September 27, 2010

JK Rowling on Oprah October 1

sorry - busy week - but did you hear?

J.K. ROWLING TO MAKE HER FIRST APPEARANCE ON "THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW," FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2010

Can't wait!

In a wide-ranging interview that took place in Edinburgh, Scotland, Rowling speaks candidly with Winfrey about her life and career as well as her journey to becoming one of the most recognizable writers of children’s literature today. Rowling, who rarely does interviews, also shares her thoughts on the possibility of ever writing another Harry Potter book in the future.

J.K. Rowling is the first self-made billionaire author in history. The series of books she created about a young wizard with a lightning bolt scar have sold more than 400 million copies worldwide and are currently available in 69 languages and 200 countries. While talking with Winfrey about the sudden success of the Harry Potter books, Rowling reveals the moment when she knew that her life had changed forever. It was while in the United States on her second book tour: “There was this enormous Barnes & Noble, and I thought, oh my God. And the queue snaked up the street, up the Barnes & Noble, up through four floors and they took me in the back entrance. They opened the door and they screamed. They screamed…. That’s a real stand-out moment for me. I knew it was getting big in that there was press attention and so on, but at that point, that for me...was when it felt 'Beatle-esque.'”

Rowling also reveals to Winfrey that coping with the pressures of sudden stardom was not easy: “You ask about the pressure. At that point, I kept saying to people, yeah I’m coping…but the truth was there were times when I was barely hanging on by a thread.”

No comments: