Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Haven't done this for ages but I'm reading a book that screams out for a teaser. This meme originated with MizB of Should Be Reading and anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

This week I'm reading Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick and here's my teaser:

"This is for you."
"What is it?" I asked, accepting the envelope.
She shrugged. "A guy just came in and asked me to give it to you."
"What guy?" Vee asked, craning her neck around the bakery.
"He already left...
...I pulled the ring out, and we inspected it in silence...
...I pulled out the paper. Scrawled in black sharpie was a note:

THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD


Back to the book...NOW

No comments: