Sunday, June 13, 2010

In My Mailbox

Week 3 post BEA and for my In My Mailbox this week you can probably feel my excitement - I have so many books I so wanted. As ever, thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this meme. Now to the books:

1. I am Number Four by Pittacuy Lore
Rumored to be co-written by James Frey this is first in an SF series about alien teenagers hiding on earth; and it's already been optioned by Steven Spielberg for DreamWorks. This is THE book I wanted and the lovely Nancy, the Ravenous Reader gave it to me, earning my undying devotion. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2. The Search for WonderLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
A girl who has been hiding underground searches for others like her.

3. Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
A zombie apocalypse brought to life through the emotioanl struggles of a teenager trying to find his place in this new world.

4. Zombies vs Unicorns, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
I got in line for this at BEA - a very very long line - and was told that there weren't enough copies for everyone in the line. But I was given a copy back at home - thank you so much, Antonia. Can you hear the glee that is behind that thank you?

5. Virals by Kathy Reichs
launches a YA mystery series set on an island near Charleston, S.C. By the author of the Bones series.

Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney
Edward. Stefan. Bill. Finbar. - Finbar? Some vampires are good, some are veil, and some are totally faking it to get girls.

Where to start? And how was your week?

6 comments:

Alyssa Kirk said...

Haven't heard of I am Number Four. Sounds good - thanks and have a fun reading week!

prophecygirl said...

I Am Number Four sounds pretty amazing. Hope you enjoy!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Awesome books! I haven't really heard much about any of them, though I've been seeing some going around of Zombies vs. Unicorns and Virals. Happy reading! :D

Bookgeek said...

Many thanks. Reviews soon

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy ROT & RUIN. When I sat down to write that I had every intention of writing a straight action novel for teens...but somehwere along the way it turned into something. My editor calls it a 'zombie novel with heart'. I welled up a few times writing (hard to admit since I big, burly manly man).

Now I'm writing the follow-up, DUST & DECAY.

Happy reading!

-Jonathan Maberry
www.jonathanmaberry.comSA

Bookgeek said...

Jonathan - I think Rot and Ruin looks fabulous and I'm looking forward to starting it. And on the zombies vs unicorn debate, I'm usually team zombie (with the exception of Diana Peterfreund's unicorns of course)