Sunday, June 6, 2010

In My Mailbox

Week 2 post BEA and for my In My Mailbox I'm going to talk about those books that arrived in my first Fed Ex box. I'd forgotten which books I had stuffed into boxes so I was delighted to open this first one and realize I wanted to start each one NOW (OK so I have to finish Matched first, I know). As ever, thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this meme.

The books:
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
The line to get this book was huge but I was waiting with the delightful Courtney Scheinmel, Heidi Kling, and Jackie Dolamore so the time passed by so very quickly. And it looks absolutely fantastic - worth the wait. "Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love - the deliria - blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold."
2. Kiss Me deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love with stories by Becca Fitzpatrick, Rachel Vincent, Maggie Stiefvater, Diana Peterfreund, Michelle Zinc etc
Can it get better than this? Given to me by Diana Peterfreund while we were in line to get a copy of Forge. Thank you again.
3. Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson
Sequel to the very powerful Chains. Oh, I am such a fan of Laurie Halse Anderson's work. She really is an extrordinary writer.
4. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
"Some schools have honor codes. Others have handbooks. Themis Academy has the Mockingbirds - a secret society of students dedicated to righting the wrongs of the student body." When Alex is date raped she has 2 options: stay silent or enlist the Mockingbirds.
5. Three Quarters dead by Richard Peck
I heard Richard Peck talk at the Childrens Author Breakfast and found him an incredible speaker - intelligent, eloquent, and passionate. I think I would have taken anything with his name on it after the speech and this is his new book - a ghost story ripped from the headlines, a return to his horror roots and an examination of peer pressure.
6. Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore
"If your Mom is a vamp and your Dad is a wulf, that makes you a very confused kid"
I'm simply not reading fast enough it seems. Hard to know which to start first. What did you get this week?

1 comment:

brandileigh2003 said...

Looks like a great week. Delirium sounds great! Check out my IMMB if you want here