Monday, April 26, 2010

Megan Whalen Turner visits Kepler's

Megan Whalen Turner, author of the wonderful Queen's Thief series, will be visiting Kepler's for a special, book club-style discussion about her newest novel, A Conspiracy of Kings. Every one of the books in this series is a thrilling race to an unexpected, and utterly satisfying ending. I read the first book, The Thief, years ago, and once I started, I could not put it down. It was full of things I liked: a world very much like our own ancient Greece, hints of magic, and a twisty-turny adventure that kept peeling away layers of secrets and cleverness and a really gorgeous con... but what really grabbed me, what sucked me in and made me read the following books as soon as I could get my hands on them, were the characters. How I loved them! They are so real -- heroic, clever, nasty, foolish, good -- they walked right off the page and dragged my imagination along with them.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, you can read The Thief, the whole, entire, awesome book online for free here:



Browse Inside this book
Get this for your site


I'm reading A Conspiracy of Kings right now and I'm already loving it. So, if you want to meet Megan Whalen Turner, please come on over to Kepler's on Tuesday, the 27th of April, at 5:30 PM. Email megan@keplers.com if you think you'll be coming. We'd love to see you!

No comments: