Saturday, December 5, 2009

The William C. Morris YA Debut Award Finalists Announced

The William C. Morris YA Debut Award, first awarded in 2009, honors a debut book published by a first-time author writing for teens and celebrating impressive new voices in young adult literature.

The shortlist was just announced and is FANTASTIC!

1. Ash by Malinda Lo

2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

3. The Everafter by Amy Huntley

4. Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan

5. Hold Still by Nina LaCour

The winner will be announced on January 18th.

Which book would you vote for?
(OK, I shamefully admit that I have only read one of the titles above - although I have all the rest on my TBR pile! However the one I have read, Beautiful Creatures, is fantastic.)

1 comment:

JESSJORDAN said...

*ducks head in shame.*

I haven't read any of those yet, but I'm interested in reading all of them. Great shortlist!