Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Men of the Hunger Games

Of course I had to post this.

Apparently Entertainment Weekly sat down with Josh Hutcherson, the 18-year-old actor whom director Gary Ross cast as Peeta, in Asheville, N.C., where The Hunger Games shoot was mid-way through filming. His hair was dyed blonde; his newly pumped-up biceps could believably belong to that of a baker’s son. And he wants to assure you that Lawrence (Katniss) will not tower over him on screen. “Jennifer’s not two feet taller than me!” he says with his easy laugh. “If anything, maybe she’s a half inch taller.” And Ross assures us that 21-year-old Liam Hemsworth, who plays Gale, "is a phenomenally subtle actor.”

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, still not convinced just yet.

Briana said...

I think I really like Gale. I need to see more of Peeta though! Like acting wise, not picture wise.

Unknown said...

I like Gale, but I'm not convinced about Peeta (acting). And of looks...meh, they can pass. I always saw Gale with longer hair, but thats just be and my weakness for long haired men :)

Bookgeek said...

They don't look like I imagined them to look but I'm hoping they will be so good in the movie they will become the character - oh, I do hope so