Monday, May 30, 2011

In My Mailbox

Again, a little late with this but this week seems to have zoomed by. I've been reading Zombies vs Unicorns, an anthology put together by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier and some of the short stories are excellent. It seems yes, I'm team zombie but that can't come as any surprise. Review soon. And The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch. Memorial Weekend was lovely and languorous - I spent it in LA. And don't forget that we're hosting Emma Donoghue with her book, Room (which is very good if you haven't read it) on Thursday June 2 and the wonderful Melissa Marr for her first adult title, Graveminder (which I adore) on Friday June 3rd at 7.00. So excited.

Now to the books (with thanks, as ever, to the Story Siren for hosting this meme)

1. Forever by Maggie Steifvater
Squee. Can't be more excited. Love, love, love Maggie's writing - everything. This follows Shiver and Linger.

2. Angel Burn by LA Weatherley
I've been hearing a lot about this so had to get a copy. How can you resist a line like "what if we were all wrong about angels? What if they have their own agenda and should be feared not admired?"

3. Passion by Lauren kate
Sweeping across the centuries, this is the third in the Fallen series, following Fallen and Torment
We are hosting the launch of Lauren's Passion tour on June 14th and I can't wait to read this.

4. Brian Selznick, Wonder Struck
The genius who gave us Hugo Cabret has a new novel called Wonderstruck and it is in my hands...

Great week for books, amazing upcoming events - what more can I ask? What did you get this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG _ I want to read Forever so badly. Lucky you!