Monday, May 9, 2011

In My Mailbox

I seem to be later and later with this meme recently. This week? We hosted Andrea Alban with her debut YA Anya;s War on Sunday, Neal Shusterman on Tuesday (oh, I'm such a fan) and Jessica Powers and Emily Wing Smith on Wednesday. And books? I read Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith, Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer, and Scored by Lauren McLaughlin. Reviews soon.

Now to this week's books:

1. The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Yes, I loved I Am Number Four. Couldn't wait to start this. And I'm already half way through!

2. Variant by Robinson Wells
A brilliant looking dystopian thriller (and I'm still so into dystopian fiction) about a boy trapped in a school surrounded by a razor wire fence, cameras monitoring his every move, where to break a rule means death. Then he stumbles on the school's real secret!

3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
A 16 year old princess becomes the heart of a revolution. Looks great.

4. I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler
Tes is the smart sister, Kristina is the beautiful sporty sister. Until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer. Now Tess has to bcome the strong one because if she doesn't hold it together, who will?

Great books this week.
Oh and we host Jeanne Birdsall for her third Penderwick book on Wednesday and Jenni and Matt Holm for their new graphic novel: Squish!

Thanks as ever to the Story Siren for hsoting this meme. What did you get?

No comments: