Monday, September 7, 2009

In My Mailbox

Yes, I'm late this this (sorry) but I've been away and haven't posted about the books I've received for a long time. And this was such a great week for books that I'm very excited to write them. Again thanks to the very creative Story Siren and Alea of Pop Culture Junkie, the blogs where this meme started.

Where to start?
1. First I got Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Can't tell you how much I wanted this.

2. Undead Much? by Stacey Jay. And I so enjoyed You Are So Undead to Me.

3. The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson. Author of The Adoration of Jenna Fox. This title about a road trip.

4. Sea by Heidi R. Kling. I have wanted to read this since I glimpsed the cover and read the synopsis.

5. Ostrich Boys by Keith Gray

So excited. Of course I had no idea which to pick up first so I created a little test and read out the first lines to my family and we voted on the best first line.
Sea won hands down.

I'm sitting alone on the other side of the world talking to a sea turtle that might be my mom.

So that's my pile this week, what was in yours?

5 comments:

Test said...

Omg, you got Sea, that's so awesome! I can't wait to see your review for it. :)

Eleni said...

Nice books, I wanna read Sea, look forward to ur review :)

the story siren said...

wow! great books! and Sea.. jealous! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

Anonymous said...

That's the first time I've glimpsed a bound copy. Thanks so much for the read and the beautiful comments (and to Lauren, Eleni and Story Siren for the enthusiasm!)

=) Heidi

Anonymous said...

Great bunch of books! I'm looking forward to The Miles Between and Sea. :)