Friday, March 27, 2009

Laurie Halse Anderson Q and A session

Laurie Halse Anderson visited Kepler's on Sunday on her Wintergirls tour. I was so excited to meet her, hear her presentation, and get to interview her. She was one of the nicest authors I've met and, of course, I'm such a huge fan of her writing. Review of Wintergirls and interview will come soon but I wanted to share the video footage I took of the Q and A session for those of you who couldn't make this or other of her presentations.

Did she answer all your questions? What else would you have liked to ask?

3 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Great video! Thanks for posting. I loved hearing her speak about the different narrative techniques she used in the book. It's funny when I was reading, the strikethroughs that she used just seemed natural. They didn't take me out of the story at all. And I remember when I saw those blank pages I leaned over to my friend sitting next to me and I just had to show her. It was so different and so well done. I loved it.

Thanks for sharing this!

Bookgeek said...

I liked the strikethroughs too. I thought they were very effective. But I will admit that I read an arc of Wintergirls so just assumed the blank pages were a mistake! So I loved her pointing out that she did indeed intend them to be there. (D'oh)

Luxembourg said...

Such a beautifully written book...the author developed her character so well, I really felt I knew her. I was terribly saddened by what she'd been through, but loved how the guy got his in the end. I love poetic justice. Ha! The author captured high school perfectly, especially that horrible mob mentality and how people will turn on you in an instant. That meanness, cruelty, pettiness. Frightening.