Sunday, February 6, 2011

In My Mailbox

Last week we hosted Daisy Whitney and CJ Omololu, who were wonderful. I'll post photos and video tomorrow. We'll host Ellen Hopkins, which I'm very excited about, on Tuesday February 8th. Join us if you are in the area. 7.00. With thanks, as ever, to Story Siren for hosting this meme. This week's books are awesome!

1. Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
A contemporary retelling of Hamlet from Ophelia's point of view where this time Ophelia doesn't die!

2. Huntress by Malinda Lo
The prequel to Ash, overflowing with lush Chinese influences and details inspired by the I Ching. I loved Ash so can't wait to start this.

3. The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Shadow of the Wind is one of my favorite books and I really did enjoy the creepy Prince of Mist so could be found clutching this to my chest, jumping around with glee when I was given this

4. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
In this prequel to Shelley's Frankenstein, 15 year old Victor Frankenstein begins a dark journey that will change his life forever as he searches for the ingredients for the Elixir of Life

Don't they sound good? So - what did you get this week?

No comments: